Saturday, May 29, 2010

Psychotic Depression

I had a new one this week...a bout with Psychotic Depression. We moved in our new house and the neighbors complained once about a barking session our two dogs had (and I don't blame them for complaining, it was really bad and we weren't home which is when the dogs are most upset.

After that I had also been off of my Abilify for about 5 days, then 5 more days after that (I ran out and couldn't get to the pharmacy) I started hearing them through the walls talking about us and our dogs--even when they were not at home.

Hearing voices is horrible!!!!!! I have so much sympathy for you now, Jennifer. It took me 4 days back on my meds for them to go away and I was so glad when they were gone. Now the neighbors come and go like normal but I don't hear them talking and honestly I never really did, it was just my brain. My therapist reassured me that this won't happen again if I keep taking my meds and I believe that because it never did before. But it was awful.

I wonder if it's part of what my mother went through. Anyway my little episode is over and I'm back to normal now, as normal as I can be, anyway, considering.

No comments: