Monday, February 07, 2005

Kinda a family diagnosis update...

Paula and I were discussing our diagnoses last night, and in the interest of keeping the family mental health history updated, here are her current official diagnoses: OCD (pretty severe), Social Anxiety (mild/moderate), Depression (moderate), Anxiety attacks (situational), Self-Injury (situational), and the biggie that leaves me feeling sad and frustrated, but I do believe it because of things I've seen...Dissociative Disorder (mild)...now, let me point out, that is NOT quite the same thing as Dissociative Identity Disorder, which is what I have. But she does dissociate when stressed, and cannot at this point control it. She's about to start either prozac or zoloft, either should be some help to her symptoms.

I wish sometimes that our gene pool could be closed up somehow or something. I just hope that it dilutes generationally over time. Thank goodness medications are getting better and they're taking these things more seriously now than they did when my mom was in treatment.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yeah my son, Cory, has ADHD...Attention Defecit something disorder. But he won't take his medicine. He says it makes brings him down. He can read at about a 6th grad level. He was in the 9th grade. But I love him!!!