Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Support Groups

I found one...actually the world's largest schizophrenia support group. It is at Schizophrenia.com. It also has support groups for family members also. I think it is great. It seems to help alot to know some other people that go through the same thing that I go through every single day. I also found a website (but lost it again) that explained the difference between Schizophrenia and Paranoid Schizophrenia. I show all the symptons of Paranoid Schizophrenia.
The other woman that writes on this blog, Lisa...is in the hospital. I admire her for how strong she is. I can't imagine fighting cancer with all the other things that she has had to go through. I don't know if she would even want me to post about it but I am until she tells me otherwise. She is also in mourning over her grandson, Nathaniel, who recently ( a week before she found out she had cancer) died of SIDS. He was born on Christmas Day and was taken from us the day before Valentine's Day. I was really scared for her for several months. I still am. I guess that is why I feel I must write about it. I was worried for so long. And now that she has had the operation...I feel much more relieved. Lisa is the strongest woman I know. I fought with myself because this woman doesn't drink or smoke and SHE had cancer...
It is the same with my husband, Mel. He doesn't smoke or drink and he had cancer too. Here I am a woman smoking cigars. I have written about my fears and worries about these two people on my personal blog...my diary...but not on the public blogs. Mel and I are waiting for the next trip to the doctor's office before we really let ourselves absorb this. I have cried and bawled aboutit but Mel is being "stronger". The doctor says he thinks he got it all but he didn't think it was cancer then either. So in about two more months when Mel has his second colonoscopy we will know then if it had spread. After this next colonoscopy we will have to wait 5 years to find out for sure if it has spread. I'm scared. And I don't talk about it to him unless he brings it up but I think I probably need to. Mel and I just found each other nearly two years ago...I'm not ready to lose him to cancer or anything else. But I'll be alright. I'm just thinking about it all again.

No comments: