Sunday, April 17, 2005

Klonopin

Is the least addictive anti-anxiety medication, but you have to take it every day for it to help really. I take 1mg in the morning, and am allowed to decide to split it into .5 mg twice a day if I want, but I've found that once daily works better for me and my doctor is ok with that. Without Klonopin however, I have very bad mood swings and am much more terrified of everything than I am when I take it. Paula worries about the same thing with meds, she is proud of her sobriety... however because her problems are helped by the medication and it keeps her from wanting to use illegal things to self-medicate, we feel that she's being responsible by taking it as she's supposed to (she takes .5 mg three times a day) It's just like with me, I have diabetes and have to take meds for that, well the brain is an organ also, just like the pancreas or the heart, which I have to take meds for also. So try not to worry about Klonopin, it can be a lifesaver.

No comments: