Friday, January 21, 2005

I have to take a bunch of meds also...

At least what you have can be controlled or at least somewhat alleviated by medication. Mine can't. I take Paxil for depression and Klonopin for anxiety and Inderal for chest pain..all things caused by what I have, but even though the medication is helpful for anxiety (and when I start thinking that I'm fine without it, all it takes is to forget to fill it and let it run out for a couple days, then I see how much it really does) it can't fix what's really wrong. Supposedly therapy can, years and years of it...but the world that I live in inside myself isn't really all that bad most of the time. Yes, I get jealous of people who can do 'normal' things, but when I start thinking of what it would be like to be 'cured', to be just myself without each of my insiders, it scares me. They each have their own opinions and preferences and ideas and things, and they've been with me so many years that I don't think I have the right to change their lives, if that makes any sense. I hate most of all, though, not being believed. I think of all the things I struggle with, that is the part that I hate more than anything else. Then again, there are periods of denial that I go through where I don't believe it myself...but there are certain things that are absolutely undeniable. I just wish it were fixable no matter how many meds it took to fix it.

No comments: