Saturday, January 15, 2005

Therapy

Well, I talked to my therapist about hearing so many "voices" at nighttime lately. And it seems that we have found the problem. See I use to take my medicine twice a day...one in the morning and one at night for a total of 120 mg of Geodon a day. But when my doctor increased and then decreased my dosage from 120 mg to 160 mg and then back down to 120 mg he told me to take both pills at bedtime instead of one in the morning and one at night. Well the medicine began to wear off about 6:00pm the next night and since I couldn't take more until 12:00am (I work 2nd shift) the "voices" would get louder and louder. My therapist advised me to try the one pill in the morning to one pill in the evening again and see if that was the issue. So far, so good. It has been very peaceful at nighttime again. I have to watch that stuff when they put me on my "cocktail". The "cocktail" should start next week. I am sorta worried about taking several medications for schizophrenia. But I'll be careful.I gotta not forget to ask about my sleeping pills and should I quit taking them while I am on a cocktail.
Well, the working is going ok. I will have put in about 30 hrs overtime in next week because we lost a worker this week. Luckily, I got two days off before this started. &0 hours aweek until we find help. Can you imagine working 70 hours a week in a convenience store. whewwwww. I am kinda taking it pretty well right now. No extra voices or anything. Stress usually makes my "voices" insane. See there is a difference between me being insane and my "voices" being insane. I will go for now and get ready for work.

No comments: