Monday, June 20, 2005

The very first times

I remember the first voice I heard. It was the TV talking directly to me. I was looking for something in the living room. I was about 14 years old. I turned to look at a shelf in the living room of my parents house and the TV said "Yeah, it's right over there". I giggled because it was one helluva coincidence that the tv would say that at that exact time. Then it said "What? Don't you know we can see you?". I turned and looked at the television set. Then it said "You are standing in the living room". And then that was it. I left the living room and went back to my room and forgot about it later. I was a teenager and I had teenage problems. Dilemma's.The next time I heard something I was in Calhoun, GA, lighting a cigarette in the laundry room. No television, no radio...I heard a voice say "I am your best friend". I guess they knew I didn't have many friend's in Calhoun. I told Mama about that voice right after it happened. I was about 14 or 15 then. I wander if that was the very beginning. I remember before then being compulsive that my stuff toys were "comfortable". That meant that they couldn't be lying down on something hard and if it was cold they had to be covered up..just like the girl in "Autobiography of a Schizophrenic Girl".

No comments: