Sunday, July 31, 2005

The "negatives"

I am dealing with alot of the "negative" symptons of schiz. The feelings that are being caused from it. I feel excited, scared, etc. Negative symptons are things like depression, tiredness, being afraid, paranoid, etc. Positve symptons are "talking to myself", hearing things, etc. I do not like the phrase "talking to myself"...it really bothers me. Because to me, I am hearing people talk to me and I am in turn answering or talking to them...talking to the voices...At no time am I talking to myself...it just looks that way. That's like...well see...to other people it would seem as though I am "hearing voices" but they are not "voices" to me. They are people with names and attitudes and they are in my life everyday...I NEVER see them as voices...Oh, I have tried to just tell myself "it is just voices" but I can't. They are real to me...with real problems and real fears. If I start to try to acknowledge them any other way; then I have the thoughts that I am "crazy" to handle with it. I do not think of myself as crazy, insane or psychotic...which is scientifically what I am. If I begin to think of myself as crazy, psychotic, etc.... I feel like everything that I am trying to accomplish is going to be all for nothing because it is only a matter of time before I have to end it and draw my check every month. Which is where I am ultimately going to be someday. Thinking of the scientific terms just make me feel like I am working HARD to get nowhere fast...it would all be for nothing. I am realising how hard I have try to hide everything. Because if my boss saw it ( which he DOES know about the schiz), I mean saw everything, then what would he do? I am getting depressed just thinking about it. I am crazy...but I am making it.

"Psychotic Features" was what they said I had. In psych it means to hear or see things that are not real. Psychotic Features... Damn... What a way to have to live...How in the world could it be so damn hard to get through...This is not something that is going away...EVER. All that time believing it was real...fighting with them...trying everything in the world to get them to go away...and it is not going away. Sometimes, I feel so afraid that I can't talk or think, I just sit there and feel this damn petrifying feeling for no reason. There is not even a thought of why this is happening..the feeling is just there. I get so scared that I can't hear the voices talk to me anymore..like my brain just shuts off. I am consumed with this fear. DAMN!I really feel like it is a matter of time before I am completely off my rocker and not able to work. But right now I work...I hope it ain't all for nothing..I had a whole career planned...........

No comments: