Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Half a day without the medicine was enough.

I called Walmart and they said they would fill a weeks worth or whatever I could afford to buy at a time. A weeks worth was $70.00. I can't afford this medication. I will have to talk with my doctor on the 16th of November about a cheaper medicine. I still hear things with the Geodon. But, I suppose I am not really looking for it to totally stop all of the schizophrenic effects, though I wish that it would. I hear things all the time and I have a paranoid feeling that the whole world can hear it. I have a day off tomorrow and I would like to relax my way with it. It is about 1:00 am on November the 2nd...vote day. I am supposed to vote today but I don't want to spend my day at the polls. I know it will be very busy tomorrow. So I think I am staying at home. I will only have one day off for two weeks...I need to relax. I am literally talking myself into it. hehehe. I finally got some things rolling from Court ...but this site isn't for talking about it. It has nothing to do with the schizophrenia. I still have a major problem with the way my brain receives sound. It is really bothering me. I hear a motor hum at work (like the ice machine or the cars outside) and my head seems to go nuts. My head receives sound wrong. Such as if I hear the ice machine or a cooler run it sounds like people are screaming or arguing at each other. Not pleasant at all. So I suppose I must also tell the doctor about this getting worse. He may decide to start me on something new anyway. We shall see. My smoking cigars has gotten worse this week. I know it is because I feel so uncomfortable with my surroundings because of the sounds and stuff. I am getting tired so maybe I will sleep tonight and get up in the morning instead of the afternoon. At least, I can work. Some schizophrenics can't.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Jenn, I have to comment about your statement that the background noise becomes your voices...is there always a background noise when it happens?
I always have a ringing in my ears(when I am not wearing my hearing aids, they muffle it I guess, or maybe they translate the sounds properly). When I took Zoloft, the ringing went away one day(after about 2 weeks), and didn't come back until the Zoloft was discontinued. Could the schizophrenia just be an incorrect interpretation of noise by your brain? Or do you get voices when it is very quiet? (course then too, you could have ear ringing being misinterpreted...) just a thought.