Sunday, November 28, 2004

My doctor finally...

put me on something to help me sleep at night. It does more than that, it knocks me straight out. We'd tried other things before but it didn't work, it seems that many medications that are supposed to make people drowsy have an opposite effect on me and make me hyper. So she gave me Ambien last week...and for the first time, I'm sleeping more than two-three hours in a row at night. It takes you right down at night a few minutes after you take it, and you wake up feeling pretty ok, not all groggy. And I'm not feeling sleepy allllllll day long like I was when I wasn't sleeping, so that part of it is great. Only part I don't like is that I'm "locked into" the dreams when they happen, I can't just wake myself up like I used to could. The other night I had two really vivid ones, one involved being in a foster-type home and realizing that the girl who had been there before didn't run away, she was molested and murdered. The other dream involved being a young girl in the days of Hitler and being forced to go into a concentration camp. Weird dreams with no seeming relation to anything I'm going through in life. I'm sure there is a connection, I just can't quite find it. I got that dream-link, thank you :) There's something going on inside of me that I'm not quite facing yet, every time I try to face it, I shut down. Had a bad 'cutting' episode the day before or the day of Thanksgiving (not sure which day it was). I've been researching Self-Mutilation and I thought I was all alone in it pretty much, when actually I'm a textbook-classic case of it. It was kinda funny to find that out. In a weird way. Anyway, I've poured out too much for now.

No comments: