Friday, November 05, 2004

When I was little...

When I was about 12 or 13 I use to hear music or sometimes like a television was on. At first just music but now it is like a tv is on. Depends on how loud the sound is. A fan motor on low used to sound like music now it sounds like people talking if I turn the fan up it sounds like fighting. The explaination I got from the therapist who works with my doctor was this --one explaination...You have nerve endings in your brain that produce certain chemicals. And send certain signals to your brain...for whatever reason (usually a chemical imbalance) the signals are not being recieved correctly by certain nerves or aren't being sent correctly. The fan makes a sound - your brain hears the sound but also hears music...probably an imbalance is sending more signals to your brain than just the sound that is actually there. I think of it as -my brain is not recieving sound properly...I hear things like people fighting and lately women screaming which is very dramatic. Tell your PID doctor what my doctor said and there might be something she can do. I am not saying that you are schizophrenic but that you might have an imbalance. I was 14 when I first heard the first voice. He said his name was Ricky and he was my best friend. I told Mama it was a ghost. I remember the things I hear more then I remember yesterday. Anyway, the sound thing with me is getting outta hand. Something my doctor needs to know. I wander if I will be like my Grandmother and have to change meds every three months because it stops working. I can't deal with the screaming.

No comments: