Sunday, August 01, 2004

Reading about Schizophrenia...

Reading about this I have come to the realization that the sound "dimensia" I have is from the receptor's in my brain not recieving the information correctly. When I here sounds... on going sounds (like a motor running, or a constant sound like wind blowing from a rolled down window... constantly, my brain hear's the sound but "recieves" it distorted. Such as... you would understand it as...if I said the word "sixty" and you absolutely thought or heard it as "sexty" then it wasn't heard correctly. With me , I hear the central air kick on and it sounds like my voices get louder and twisted. A car passes by while I walk to work or ride the shuttle and it is awful ...at the moment when the car passes by it sounds like somebody is screaming the dumbest things to me. I have been so out of it...I haven't joked around but one day this week. I worked 70 hours so I guess that is the main reason. That will be one great check. I am turning this thing off for awhile.....Love

2 comments:

Linda said...

Now that is wild, Jenn. But it makes perfect sense, as to where the voices come from, that thought had actually occurred to me, since I have ringing in my ears, and it can be very irritated and escalated by surrounding noise. ALSO, I noticed when I was taking ZOLOFT years back, that the ringing stopped while I was taking it...now when I wear my hearing aids, I don't have the ringing, but when I take them out, it comes back. When you said you were getting relief from the voices from the med, it clicked that it was similar to when I took the Zoloft and the ringing stopped...interesting.

Lisa said...

Ya know, I can relate to that also in a way...whenever I'm exposed to a repeating sound like a fan or air conditioner if it's pretty loud, I hear very very faint music or sounds like a conversation. Is that what it's like? Mine are so faint I can't pick out words. And with the fan on (we have two very loud fans, a necessity when you live in an apartment and don't want to hear your neighbors) Dee and I both hear music, so that one's not just me. My doctor thinks it's weird though LOL.